Friday, September 30, 2011

More zucchini flowers!

The grower of these stunning zucchini flowers also supplies The Buffalo Club in Brisbane.


These incredibly fresh zucchini flowers were a lovely surprise from Jerome at Sourced Grocer. He sent them home with Dr H to cheer me up, as I was recovering from a not-so-nice dental procedure - and it worked. Certainly took my mind off the whole experience! They were a joy to look at and I was very touched. Thanks Jerome!!


I think these are the best and freshest zucchini flowers I've ever seen in a shop. They were a pale 'spotted' variety that I don't think I have seen for sale, with the flowers attached. The flower is very large compared to the size of the zucchini, which I liked very much as the flower can take more filling and the zucchini is so young that it isn't even necessary to slice it lengthways before you batter and fry.

We stuffed them with a mix of ricotta, mint, parsley, parmesan, chili, garlic. I hope the grower has plenty more to supply as I hope to be able to buy more in the future. A lovely treat and absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment